Jeevan: Prototype ventilator by Railways’ Rail Coach Factory (RCF)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health; GS-III – Science and technology
- The Railways’ Rail Coach Factory (RCF) in Kapurthala has become the first PSU to develop a prototype ventilator that has an original design and will cost a fraction of what regular ventilators cost.
- The prototype is named Jeevan.
- It shall go for final testing at the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) before being put to production to aid the country’s fight against COVID-19.
- The heart of the device is the compressed air container to work the Ambu bag with air.
- It doesn’t have any moving parts like servo motor or piston or link mechanism.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :