Legislators’ salary cut by 30%
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Polity
- Union Cabinet has approved an Ordinance amending the Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament Act, 1954 for reducing salary by 30% for one year.
- It will come into effect from 1st April, 2020.
- President, Vice President, Governors of States have also voluntarily decided to take a pay cut of 30% as a social responsibility for one year.
- The money will go to Consolidated Fund of India.
Important value additions:
Consolidated Fund of India
- It includes revenues, which are received by the government through taxes and expenses incurred in the form of borrowings and loans.
- All government expenditures are met by consolidated funds except a few.
- It was created under Article 266 of the Constitution.
- Similar to the Centre, every state has its own Consolidated Fund as well.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :