Non-operation of MPLADS fund approved
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Polity; Health
- The Central government has approved Non-operation of MPLADS for two years (2020-21 and 2021-22) for managing COVID 19.
- These funds will be used to strengthen Government’s efforts in managing the challenges and adverse impact of COVID19 in the country.
Important value additions:
- It is a scheme formulated by the Government of India that enables the members of parliaments (MP) to recommend developmental work in their constituencies.
- The emphasis is on creating durable community assets based on locally felt needs.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) looks into its working.
- The funds released under the scheme are non-lapsable.
- The annual MPLADS fund entitlement per MP constituency is Rs. 5 crore.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :