Lifeline UDAN flights transport medical cargo
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare schemes; Health; GS-III – Disaster management
- Hundreds of Lifeline UDAN flights are operating these days to transport tons of medical cargo to various parts of the country.
- The remote and hilly areas are also getting covered.
Important value additions:
- It was launched by the Ministry of Civil Aviation to help India fight against COVID-19.
- Under this initiative, flights are being operated in transporting essential equipment and medicines all over the country.
- In order to help public in tracking Lifeline Udan flights, the status of the flights were uploaded in a portal.
- The portal was developed by National Informatics Centre.