Employment schemes launched by Jharkhand
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes
Recently, Jharkhand launched three employment schemes — Birsa Harit Gram Yojana (BHGY), Neelambar Pitambar JAL Sammridhi Yojana (NPJSY) and Veer Sahid Poto Ho Khel Vikas Scheme (VSPHKVS) — to create wage employment for workers in rural areas.
The schemes are formulated in convergence with the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
Important value additions:
Birsa Harit Gram Yojana (BHGY):
- It shall bring over two lakh acres of unused government fallow land under the afforestation programme.
- About 5 lakh families will be provided 100 fruit-bearing plants
- The afforestation will be taken up through MGNREGA.
- The ownership of land will remain with the government.
Neelambar Pitambar Jal Sammridhi Yojna (NPJSY):
- Under this, the government is aiming at creating agro-water storage units by arresting rainwater and runaway groundwater.
Veer Sahid Poto Ho Khel Vikas Scheme (VSPHKVS):
- Under VSPHKVS, the government is linking sports with rural job schemes for creation of assets in the rural areas in order to give a boost to sports.