Empowered Group of Secretaries and Project Development Cells to be set up for attracting investments
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Economy (FDI)
- “Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) and Project Development Cells (PDCs) in Ministries/Departments of Government of India for attracting investments in India” recently received approval for its set up.
Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS)
- Objective is to provide investment support to global investors by bringing synergies and to ensure timely clearances from different departments and Ministries.
- Cabinet Secretary (Chairperson)
- Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (Member Convenor)
- CEO, Niti Aayog (Member)
- Secretary, Department of Commerce (Member)
- Secretary, Department of Revenue (Member)
- Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (Member)
- Secretary of Department concerned (to be co-opted)
Project Development Cell (PDC)
- The cell will be set up for the development of investible projects in coordination between the Central Government and State Governments.
- This will lead to increase in the number of investible projects in India and in turn increase FDI inflows.