Pharmacopeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H) approved
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Health
- Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H) recently received approval to be re-established as Subordinate Office under the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Presently, PCIM&H is an autonomous body under AYUSH Ministry since 2010.
- Pharmacopoeia Laboratory for Indian Medicine (PLIM) and Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory (HPL) shall be merged under the Commission.
- The merger is aimed at optimising the use of resources for enhancing the standardisation outcomes of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs.
- Legal status shall be accorded to the merged structure by making amendments to Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945.