Pharmacopeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H) approved
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Health
- Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H) recently received approval to be re-established as Subordinate Office under the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Presently, PCIM&H is an autonomous body under AYUSH Ministry since 2010.
- Pharmacopoeia Laboratory for Indian Medicine (PLIM) and Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory (HPL) shall be merged under the Commission.
- The merger is aimed at optimising the use of resources for enhancing the standardisation outcomes of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs.
- Legal status shall be accorded to the merged structure by making amendments to Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :