SWADES (Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support) initiative launched
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes & GS-III – Employment
- The Indian Government has launched a new initiative SWADES (Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support).
- The scheme will conduct a skill mapping exercise of the returning citizens under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- This is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Civil Aviation Ministry and External Affairs Ministry.
- It aims to create a database of qualified citizens based on their skills and experience.
- The collected information will be shared with the companies for suitable placement opportunities in the country.
- The returning citizens are required to fill up an online SWADES Skills Card which will help the citizens with job prospects and bridge the demand-supply gap.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :