SWADES (Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support) initiative launched
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes & GS-III – Employment
- The Indian Government has launched a new initiative SWADES (Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support).
- The scheme will conduct a skill mapping exercise of the returning citizens under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- This is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Civil Aviation Ministry and External Affairs Ministry.
- It aims to create a database of qualified citizens based on their skills and experience.
- The collected information will be shared with the companies for suitable placement opportunities in the country.
- The returning citizens are required to fill up an online SWADES Skills Card which will help the citizens with job prospects and bridge the demand-supply gap.