Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe)
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains – III – Science and Technology
- Union Cabinet approves the creation of the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe)
- IN-SPACe will provide a level playing field for private companies to use Indian space infrastructure.
- IN-SPACe will also hand-hold, promote and guide the private industries in space activities through encouraging policies and a friendly regulatory environment.
Important value addition:
About New Space India Ltd.
- It is the Department of Space’s second commercial arm (after Antrix) that was announced in Budget 2019.
- Its objective is to use research and development carried out by ISRO over the years for commercial purposes through Indian industry partners.
- One of the mandates of NSIL aims to mass-produce and manufacture the SSLV and the more powerful PSLV in partnership with the private sector in India through technology transfers.
- NSIL will deal with capacity building of local industry for space manufacturing.