‘Responsible Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Youth’ program launched
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes & GS-III – Artificial Intelligence
- Recently, the Ministry of Electronics and IT has launched a National Program for the youth – Responsible Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Youth.
- The government has also launched India’s National Artificial Intelligence Portal.
- It is designed to reach out to students from Government schools pan India and provide them with an opportunity to become part of the skilled workforce in an inclusive manner.
- It aims to help reduce the skill gap, while enabling youth to create meaningful social impact solutions.
- It also intends to provide a platform for relevant AI skill-sets and access to required AI tool-sets to make youth digitally ready for the future.
- It is open to students of class 8th to class 12th from Central and State government-run schools (including KVS, NVS, JNV) from across the country.
- It will be implemented in a phase-wise manner.
- In its first phase, each State will nominate 10 teachers as per the eligibility criteria.
- National Artificial Intelligence Portal
- It has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
- It will work as a one stop digital platform for sharing of resources such as articles, startups, investment funds in AI etc.