WHO Foundation created to tap new funding sources
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Global Groupings
- The WHO Foundation was created recently as an independent grant-making entity.
- It will support the WHO’s efforts to address the most pressing global health challenges.
- The foundation will enable WHO to tap new non-traditional sources of funding, including the general public.
- It will support the global health ecosystem by funding high-impact initiatives and advancing strategies of innovation, effectiveness, and rapid response.
- Its Headquarter will be in Geneva.
- It will be legally independent from the WHO.
- It will provide funds to WHO and trusted implementing partners to deliver on the Organization’s triple billion goals.
- These goals aim to achieve the following by 2023:
- Protect 1 billion people from health emergencies.
- Extend universal health coverage to 1 billion people.
- Assure healthy lives and wellbeing to 1 billion people.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :