Rewa solar power project
Part of: GS- Prelims and GS-3: Infrastructure, Energy
- The 750- megawatt Rewa solar Power Plant in Madhya Pradesh was dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- The plant consists of three solar power generating units that are located on a 500-hectare plot of land inside a 1,500-hectare solar park
- The solar plant was set up by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited, a joint venture between Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited and the Centre’s Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- This project will reduce carbon emission equivalent to approx. 15 lakh ton of CO2 per year, which is equivalent to planting 26 million trees.
Do You Know?
- The process of reverse auction in bidding for projects was tried for first time in India for this project
- It has a purchase rate of 2.97 rupees per unit, which is the lowest rate till date.
- International Finance Corporation, a World Bank group company, has invested close to $440 million or Rs 2,800 crore in the project
- Bhadla Solar Park in Jodhpur district in Rajasthan has a capacity of 2,245 MW and Pavagada Solar Park in Tumkur district, Karnataka has a capacity of 2,050 MW