Tata Group plans to launch Super App
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Technology
- Tata Group is planning to launch an all-in-one super app by early 2021.
- The digital platform is expected to bring together all the consumer-facing businesses of the group.
- It is likely to be developed by the newly formed entity Tata Digital.
Important value additions
- It is a platform developed by a company offering various services under one umbrella.
- For example, China’s WeChat. It started as a messaging app and later expanded into payments, cabs, shopping, food ordering, and cab services to become a super app.
- Super app can be compared to a mall in the physical world.