Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana extended
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Policies & GS-III – Employment
- The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has extended the Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana by one year to 30th June 2021.
- The ESIC has also relaxed eligibility criteria and enhanced the payment of the unemployment benefit under the Yojana.
Important value additions
Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
- It was introduced from 1st July 2018.
- Under it, unemployment benefit is paid to the workers covered under the Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) scheme.
- The benefit is paid in the form of cash compensation upto 90 days, once in a lifetime.
- It can be claimed after three months (90 days) in one or more intervals for being unemployed.