Flying V Aircraft
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Defence
- The first real test flight of the scaled model of the ‘Flying V’ aircraft was successfully conducted.
- Flying V is a futuristic and fuel-efficient long-distance aircraft that could one day carry passengers in its wings.
- The Flying-V design integrates the passenger cabin, the cargo hold and the fuel tanks in the wings.
- Computer calculations have predicted that the aircraft’s improved aerodynamic shape and reduced weight will reduce fuel consumption by 20% compared to today’s advanced aircrafts.
Do you know?
- The original plan for the Flying-V aircraft design came from TU Berlin student Justus Benad.
- The ‘Flying V’ project was first presented at the 100th anniversary of the Dutch airlines KLM, which has also been a partner in the project since its beginning in 2019.
- Various business partners including Airbus (an aerospace company), are now involved in the project.
Image source: Click here