Gap in Vaccination of Children reported
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health
- ‘Health in India’ report was recently published.
- Published by: National Statistical Organisation (NSO)
- Major finding: Full immunisation programme is not completed among 40% of the children.
- The report is based on the 75th round of the National Sample Survey (July 2017-June 2018) on household social consumption related to health.
Key takeaways from the report about children under five years:
- Fully immunised: 59.2%
- Received at least one vaccination (mostly BCG or the first dose of OPV at birth): About 97%
- Protected against measles: 67%
- Polio booster dose: 58%
- DPT booster dose: 54%
- Best Performance under full immunisation: Manipur (75%), Andhra Pradesh (73.6%) and Mizoram (73.4%)
- Poor Performance: Nagaland (12%), Puducherry (34%) and Tripura (39.6%).