Global Initiative to Reduce Land Degradation And Coral Reef Program
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations & GS-III – Climate change
- The Environment Ministerial Meeting (EMM) of the G20 countries took place through video conferencing.
- Under the Presidency: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The launch of Global Initiative to reduce Land Degradation and Coral Reef program were applauded.
- Two documents on climate change related to managing emissions and climate change adaptations were also launched.
Important value additions
The Global Initiative on Reducing Land Degradation
- It aims to strengthen the implementation of existing frameworks to prevent, halt, and reverse land degradation within G20 member states and globally.
The Global Coral Reef R&D Accelerator Platform
- It is an innovative action-oriented initiative.
- Aim: (1) To create a global research and development program; (2) To advance research, innovation and capacity building; (3) To enhance coral reefs conservation.