India’s own eco-label BEAMS launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Environment; Climate change; Pollution
- India’s own eco-label Beach Environment & Aesthetics Management Services (BEAMS) was recently launched.
- Ministry: Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
- The flag #IAMSAVINGMYBEACH was e-hoisted simultaneously at the eight beaches recently recognized as blue flag beaches.
- Objective: (1) To reduce pollution in coastal waters; (2) To promote sustainable development of beach facilities; (3) To protect & conserve coastal ecosystems & natural resources.
- BEAMS (Beach Environment & Aesthetics Management Services) is a highly acclaimed program under MoEFCC’s ICZM (Integrated Coastal Zone Management) project.
- The program will ensure sustainable development of coastal regions.
- This program promotes beach recreation in absolute harmony with nature.