State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Disaster Management
- Recently, the limit of using the State Disaster Response Fund for COVID-19 specific infrastructure has been increased from 35% to 50%.
- The decision will help States have more finances at their disposal to fight the virus.
Important value additions
The State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF)
- It was constituted under Section 48 (1) (a) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- It is the primary fund available with State Governments for responses to notified disasters.
- The Central Government contributes 75% of SDRF allocation for general category States/UTs and 90% for special category States/UTs (NE States, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir).