Special Report on Sustainable Recovery released
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Economy
- Special Report on Sustainable Recovery’ was recently released.
- Presented by: International Energy Agency (IEA) and NITI Aayog
- It is a part of IEA’s flagship World Energy Outlook series.
- It proposes a number of actions that could be taken over the next three years to revitalize economies and boost employment while making energy systems cleaner and more resilient.
- According to report, Post the 2008–09 financial crisis, green measures accounted for around 16% of the total stimulus measures.
- To recover from the pandemic, it is important to be more ambitious and decisive towards clean investments.
- Key sectors for creating jobs: Electricity, transportation, buildings, industry and sustainable biofuels and innovations.
Do you know?
- The International Energy Agency is an intergovernmental organisation established in the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in 1974 in the wake of the 1973 oil crisis.
- It is Headquartered in Paris, France.