India Invited to Join the Blue Dot Network
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International relations
- A group of the US Senators has asked India to join the Blue Dot Network (BDN) in a letter.
Important value additions
Blue Dot Network
- The BDN was announced in 2019 at the Indo-Pacific Business Forum in Bangkok, Thailand.
- It is led by the USA along with Japan and Australia.
- It is a multi-stakeholder initiative to bring together governments, the private sector and civil society to promote high-quality, trusted standards for global infrastructure development.
- It is expected to serve as a globally recognized evaluation and certification system for roads, ports and bridges with a focus on the Indo-Pacific region.
- It does not offer public funds or loans for the project.
- Blue Dot certification shall serve as a globally recognized seal of approval for major infrastructure projects.