Mobile Application for Geo Tagging launched by Ministry of Jal Shakti
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – E-governance; Policies and interventions
- A mobile application for geo-tagging of the components of projects under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) was recently launched. .
- Ministry: Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Developed By: Bhaskaracharya National Institute of Space Applications & Geo-informatics (BISAG-N).
- Objective: To track the pace of work and actual status of the projects.
- The mobile application can be used to capture the image of the project component along with other details.
- The captured information can be submitted by the user for geo-tagging on the geographic information system (GIS) portal.
- It can be operated in both online & offline mode.
Important value additions
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)
- PMKSY is a centrally sponsored scheme
- Launched in: 2015
- Motto: Har Khet Ko Paani
- Objectives: (1) To expand cultivated areas with assured irrigation, reduce wastage of water and improve water use efficiency; (2) To create protective irrigation by harnessing rainwater at micro level; (3) To enhance recharge of aquifers
Do you know?
- Geo-tagging is the process of adding geographical identification data to various media such as websites, SMS messages, QR Codes.
- This data usually consists of latitude and longitude coordinates, altitude, accuracy data, etc.
- A GIS is a framework for gathering, managing, and analyzing geography related data.