Tech for Tribals initiative
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – SCs and STs & GS-III – Entrepreneurship; Computers
- Tech for Tribals initiative shall be launched on 13th October, 2020.
- Launched by: TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs in collaboration with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur
- Aim of the initiative: Holistic development of tribals with a focus on entrepreneurship development, soft skills, IT, and business development through SHGs operating through Van Dhan Kendras (VDVKs).
- TRIFED has tied up with national institutions such as IIT, Kanpur; Art of Living, Bangalore; TISS, Mumbai; KISS, Bhubaneswar; Vivekananda Kendra, Tamil Nadu and SRIJAN, Rajasthan.
- Vandhan-ESDP Training Programs shall be conducted under these institutes.
Important value additions
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)
- It came into existence in 1987.
- It is a national-level apex organization.
- The basic objective of the TRIFED is to provide good price of the ‘Minor Forest Produce (MFP) collected by the tribes of the country.
- It functions under Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India.
- TRIFED has its Head Office at New Delhi.
- It has a network of 13 Regional Offices located at various places in the country.