Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health & GS-III – Sci & Tech
- The Indian government is using eVIN (Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network) in association with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) to identify primary beneficiaries and vaccine distribution networks.
- eVIN is an indigenously developed technology.
- It digitises vaccine stocks and monitors the temperature of the cold chain through a smartphone application.
- The innovative eVIN was first launched across 12 states in 2015 to support better vaccine logistics management at cold chain points.
- eVIN supports the central government’s Universal Immunization Programme by providing real-time information on vaccine stocks and flows, and storage temperatures across all cold chain points across states and UTs.
Do you know?
- The government has begun its preparations for introduction of Covid-19 vaccine and a National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for Covid-19 (NEGVAC) has been formed as the highest group that will guide the strategies for vaccine introduction.