Artpark set up in Bengaluru
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Sci & Tech
- An AI & Robotics Technologies Park (ARTPARK) was recently set up in Bengaluru.
- It will promote technology innovations in AI (Artificial Intelligence) & Robotics leading to societal impact by executing ambitious mission mode R&D projects.
- ARTPARK, is a unique not-for-profit foundation established by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru with support from AI Foundry in a public-private model.
- It received seed funding of Rs. 170 Cr ($22mn) from Department of Science & Technology(DST), Govt. of India, under the National Mission on Inter-disciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS).
- It will bring about collaborative consortium of partners from industry, academia and government bodies.
- ARTPARK will develop DataSetu – that will enable confidentiality and privacy-preserving framework to share data and run analytics spurring the data-sharing ecosystem and create a data marketplace, boosting AI applications and solutions.
Important value addition
National Mission on Inter-Disciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS)
- Implemented by: Department of Science & Technology
- Period of: five years
- NM-ICPS covers entire India which includes Central Ministries, State Governments, Industry and Academia.
- It would address technology development, application development, human resource development & skill enhancement, entrepreneurship and start-up development in Cyber Physical System (CPS) and associated technologies.
- Aim: Establishment of 15 Technology Innovation Hubs (TIH), six Application Innovation Hubs (AIH) and four Technology Translation Research Parks (TTRP).
- Four focused areas: (1) Technology Development; (2) HRD & Skill Development; (3) Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Start-ups Ecosystem Development; (4) International Collaborations.