Third stimulus package for Mission Covid Suraksha
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions
- The Indian Government recently announced the third stimulus package of Rs. 900 Crore for the Mission COVID Suraksha – The Indian COVID-19 Vaccine Development Mission.
- This grant will be provided to the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) for Research & Development of Indian COVID-19 vaccines.
Important value addition
Mission COVID Suraksha – The Indian COVID-19 Vaccine Development Mission
- The COVID-19 Vaccine development Mission with end-to-end focus from preclinical development through clinical development and manufacturing and regulatory facilitation for deployment would consolidate all available and funded resources towards an accelerated product development.
- Led by: Department of Biotechnology
- Implemented by: Mission Implementation Unit at Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
- The existing activities under National Bio Pharma Mission (NBM) and Ind-CEPI Mission will provide complementary strengths to this Mission.