Economic Survey 2020-21: Skill Development
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Skill development
- The Economic Survey 2020-21 states that only 2.4% of the workforce of age 15-59 years has received formal vocational/technical training and another 8.9% of the workforce received training through informal sources.
- Out of the 8.9% workforce who received non-formal training, the largest chunk is contributed by on-the-job training (3.3 per cent), followed by self-learning (2.5 per cent) and hereditary sources (2.1 per cent) and other sources (1 per cent).
- Among those who received formal training, the most opted training course is IT-ITeS among both males and females.
- The Unified Skill Regulator- National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET) was operationalized recently.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 was rolled out in 2020-21 with a tentative target to skill 8 lakh candidates including migrants.
- Third Phase Of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) launched: Click here