Hisar Airport inaugurated under RCS-UDAN
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- Hisar Airport was inaugurated under RCS-UDAN recently.
- First flight to the newly constructed Hisar airport in Haryana from Chandigarh was also flagged off under the Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN) of the Government of India.
- Hisar airport is a public licensed airport that is suitable for 18 seat type aircraft.
- The airline Aviation Connectivity & Infrastructure Developers Pvt. Ltd (Air Taxi) was awarded the Hisar – Chandigarh – Hisar route under the UDAN 4 bidding process.
- The airline has become the first start-up airline of the country to assist the nation with Air Taxi services.
- Thus, the Inauguration Marks Commencement of India’s First Air Taxi Services from Chandigarh to Hisar.