PM to interact with Startups and address ‘Prarambh: Startup India International Summit’
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Start-ups; Innovation; Sci & Tech
- Indian Prime Minister will interact with startups and address ‘Prarambh: Startup India International Summit’ on 16th January 2021
- Organized by: Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The two-day Summit is being organised as a follow up of the announcement made by the Prime Minister at the fourth BIMSTEC Summit held in Kathmandu in August 2018 wherein India committed to host the BIMSTEC Startup Conclave.
- The Summit marks the 5th anniversary of the Startup India initiative, launched by the Prime Minister on 16 January, 2016.
- Over 25 countries and more than 200 global speakers shall participate.
- The Summit will be the largest startup confluence organised in India since the launch of the Startup India initiative.
- Focus: Enhancing multilateral cooperation and engagement with countries from around the globe to collectively develop and strengthen the startup ecosystems.