Guidelines For Floating Structures issued
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Infrastructure
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways has issued the guidelines for floating structures with a vision to set up world-class floating infrastructure all along the coastline in the upcoming projects.
- The guidelines set out technical aspects for implementation of Floating Jetties or Platforms for Marinas, Minor Harbors, Fishing Harbours, etc. in coastal areas, estuaries, waterways, rivers, and reservoirs.
- These guidelines may also be suitably utilized for floating platforms in various waterborne systems.
- Floating structure because of its inherent advantages is an attractive solution.
- The benefits of floating jetties include their cost-effectiveness, faster implementation, easily expandable, and have minimal environmental impacts.
Do you know?
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways has successfully implemented a few projects including setting up of passenger floating jetties in Goa, water-aerodromes at Sabarmati River and at Sardar Sarovar Dam for the seaplane services which are working satisfactorily.