India’s First CNG Tractor to be launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Environment; Infrastructure; Agriculture
- India’s first-ever diesel Tractor, converted to CNG, will be formally launched on February 12, 2021.
- Ministry: Ministry for Road Transport and Highways
- The conversion will help farmers increase their income, by lowering costs, and help to create job opportunities in rural India.
- It is also reported that the retrofitted tractor produces more power/equal in comparison to Diesel-run engine.
- Overall emissions are reduced by 70% as compared to Diesel.
- It will help farmers to save up to 50% on the fuel cost.