World Unani Day
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – Health
- World Unani Day was celebrated on February 11, 2021.
- Objective: To spread awareness about health care delivery through the Unani system of medicine through its preventive and curative philosophy.
Important value additions
- World Unani Day is celebrated every year to mark the birth anniversary of Hakim Ajmal Khan.
- Principles of Unani System: It postulates the presence of four humor in the body: dam (blood), balgham (phlegm), safra (yellow bile) and sauda (black bile).
- The quality and quantity of four humor affect the state of health and disease in the body.
- Origin: Greece.
- In India, it was introduced by Arabs and Persians sometime around the 11th century.