Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions
- Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan under Jal Jeevan Mission- Urban, JJM-U was launched recently.
- Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- It will be conducted in cities to ascertain equitable distribution of water, reuse of wastewater and mapping of water bodies with respect to quantity and quality of water through a challenge process.
- It will be first launched in 10 cities- Agra, Badlapur, Bhubaneswar, Churu, Kochi, Madurai, Patiala, Rohtak, Surat and Tumkur.
- JJM-U is designed to provide universal coverage of water supply to all households through functional taps in all 4,378 statutory towns in accordance with SDG – 6.