PLI Scheme For Telecom And Networking Products
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Manufacturing; Economy
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Telecom and Networking Products (T&N Products) with a budgetary outlay of Rs. 12,195 crore.
- The Scheme intends to promote the manufacture of T&N Products in India.
- It proposes a financial incentive to boost domestic manufacturing and attract investments in the target segments in order to encourage Make in India.
- The scheme will also encourage exports.
- There will be a minimum investment threshold of Rs.10 crore for MSME with incentives from 7% to 4 % and Rs. 100 crore for others with incentives from 6% to 4 % over 5 year above Base Year.
- The applicants with higher investments than specified threshold under MSME and Non MSME categories will be selected through transparent process
- Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme approved for 10 more sectors: Click here
- PLI Schemes For Promoting Domestic Manufacturing Of Bulk Drugs & Medical Devices revised: Click here