Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme approved for 10 more sectors
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Economy
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval to introduce the Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme in the following 10 key sectors for Enhancing India’s Manufacturing Capabilities and Enhancing Exports.
Sectors and Implementing Ministry/Department are as follows
- Advance Chemistry Cell (ACC) Battery: NITI Aayog and Department of Heavy Industries
- Electronic/Technology Products: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Automobiles & Auto Components: Department of Heavy Industries
- Pharmaceuticals drugs: Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Telecom & Networking Products: Department of Telecom
- Textile Products (MMF segment and technical textiles): Ministry of Textiles
- Food Products: Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- High Efficiency Solar PV Modules: Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- White Goods (ACs & LED): Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- Speciality Steel: Ministry of Steel.
Do you know?
Notified PLI schemes are already available in the following sectors:
- Mobile Manufacturing and Specified Electronic Components: MEITY.
- Critical Key Starting materials/Drug Intermediaries and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients: Department of Pharmaceuticals.
- Manufacturing of Medical Devices: Department of Pharmaceuticals