SAKSHAM (Shramik Shakti Manch) launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II –Welfare schemes; Policies and interventions & GS-III – Employment
- Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) has launched SAKSHAM (Shramik Shakti Manch).
- TIFAC is an autonomous organization under the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India
- It is a job portal for mapping the skills of Shramiks with regard to requirements of MSMEs.
- Objective: To directly connect Shramiks with MSMEs and facilitate their placement
- The portal will help eliminate labour contractors.
- It shall help identification of skill proficiency level and development of Skill Cards for Shramiks.
- The portal uses algorithm and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools for availability of Shramiks.
- The portal was initially launched in two districts and is now being launched as an all India portal.