The Indian Ocean Region (IOR) Defence Ministers’ Conclave
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Defence and Security
- The Indian Ocean Region (IOR) Defence Ministers’ Conclave began with a keynote address from the Union Defence minister on 4th February on the sidelines of Aero India 2021 in Bengaluru.
- As the largest nation in the IOR region with a vast coastline of 7500 Kms, India has an active role to play for peaceful and prosperous co-existence of all countries.
- SAGAR – Security and Growth for All in the Region is the theme of Indian Ocean Policy as outlined by Indian Prime Minister in 2015.
- India’s approach and vision to tackle global challenges was highlighted by Prime Minister’s dynamic five ‘S’ vision – Samman (Respect), Samvaad (Dialogue), Sahyog (Cooperation), Shanti (Peace) and Samriddhi (Prosperity).
- Aero India – 2021 – Click here