Vertical Launch Short Range Surface To Air Missile (VL-SRSAM)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Defence and Security
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted two successful launches of Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM).
- It is developed for Indian Navy.
- Indigenously designed and developed by: DRDO
- It is meant for neutralizing various aerial threats at close ranges including sea-skimming targets.
- These launches were carried out for demonstration of vertical launch capability.