Ease of Living Index (EoLI) 2020
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions; Governance
- Ease of Living Index (EoLI) 2020 was recently released.
- Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Aim of EoLI: To measure the well-being of Indian citizens in 111 cities, across the pillars of Quality of Life, Economic-ability, and Sustainability
- The EoLI 2020 has also added Citizen Perception Survey in the index, having a weightage of 30%.
- The rankings were announced for cities with a population of more than a million, and cities with less than a million people.
- Top performer in the Million+ category: Bengaluru
- Top performer in Less than Million category: Shimla