Schemes of WCD Ministry under 3 umbrella schemes
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions; Welfare schemes
- All major schemes of the Ministry of Women and Child Development have been classified under 3 umbrella schemes.
- These are Mission Poshan 2.0, Mission Vatsalya and Mission Shakti.
- Saksham Anganwadi and POSHAN 2.0 shall include Umbrella ICDS – Anganwadi Services, Poshan Abhiyan, Scheme for Adolescent Girls, National Creche Scheme.
- Mission VATSALYA shall include Child Protection Services and Child Welfare Services.
- Mission Shakti (Mission for Protection and Empowerment for Women) shall include the following:
- SAMBAL (One Stop Centre, Mahila Police Volunteer, Women’s Helpline/Swadhar/Ujjawala/Widow Homes etc.)
- SAMARTHYA (Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Creche, Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, Gender Budgeting/Research)