Launch of MANAS
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – I – Society
- The Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India launched the “MANAS” App to promote wellbeing across age groups.
- It was jointly executed by NIMHANS Bengaluru, AFMC Pune and C-DAC Bengaluru.
- MANAS which stands for Mental Health and Normalcy Augmentation System was endorsed as a national program by the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- It is a comprehensive, scalable, and national digital wellbeing platform.
- It is an app developed to augment mental well-being of Indian citizens.
- It integrates the health and wellness efforts of various government ministries, scientifically validated indigenous tools with gamified interfaces developed/researched by various national bodies and research institutions.