Vigilance Officers to have restricted tenure
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Statutory Bodies
- Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) officers will be transferred every 3 years from now onwards.
- CVC has modified the guidelines pertaining to the transfer and posting of officials in the vigilance units of government organisations.
- The tenure may be extended to three more years, though at a different place of posting.
- According to the CVC, undue long stay of an official in a vigilance department had the potential of developing vested interests, apart from giving rise to unnecessary complaints or allegations.
- The new guidelines ensure transparency, objectivity and uniformity in approach.
- The order said after transfer from the vigilance unit, there would be a compulsory cooling off period of three years before anyone could be considered again for posting in the unit.