Part of: GS Prelims and GS -II – Health
In News: The Minister of AYUSH launched Important Portals in the Ayush sector.
What are the launched portals?
- E-Medha (electronic Medical Heritage Accession) Portal
- Online public access catalog for more than 12000 Indian medical heritage books through NIC’s e-granthalaya platform.
- AMAR (Ayush Manuscripts Advanced Repository) Portal
- It has digitized information on rare and hard to find Manuscripts and catalogues of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa in libraries or in individual collections across India or in other parts of the world.
- SHAI (Showcase of Ayurveda Historical Imprints) Portals
- This portal showcases inscriptions, Archeo-botanical Information, Sculptures, Philological sources and advanced Archeo Genetic studies.
- This portal will be of tremendous use in understanding of Indian Knowledge system with a focus on indigenous health care practices.
- CCRAS-Research Management Information System (RMIS)
- A collaborative effort of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences(CCRAS), this portal will be a one stop solution for Research and Development in Ayurveda based studies.