Bailey Trail & Gorichen Trek: Arunachal Pradesh
Part of: Prelims and GS -I- Geography, Culture
In news Ministry of Tourism organises webinar on “Bailey Trail & Gorichen Trek in Arunachal Pradesh” under Dekho Apna Desh series.
- Dekho Apna Desh Webinar Series is an effort to showcase India’s rich diversity under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
What were important places discussed in the webinar?
- The Bailey Trail in the Himalayan State of Arunachal Pradesh traces the historic route taken by Lt. Col. F.M. Bailey, British Political officer who explored this area while trekking from Tawang to Bomdila.
- The Bailey Trail covers a wide variety of terrain, from lowland pastures and serene villages to powerful glaciers and stunning mountain views.
- Along the way, one will come across hot water spring at Mago, thundering waterfalls at Jang and cross icy rivers and high mountain passes.
- Another beautiful trek is Seven Lakes Trek of Anini, Dibang Valley.
- Dibang Valley is the largest district of Arunachal Pradesh with the lowest density of population in India. One can experience lush-green mountains, heavy rainfall, rivers, sparkling waterfalls etc. Seven Lakes Trek is one of Arunachal Pradesh’s best kept secrets.
- The Gorichen massif comprises five peaks with Gorichen Main also known as the ‘White Giant’ at 21,410 feet above sea level.
- In local language the peak is known as ‘Sa-Nga-Phu’ which means Ábode of the Guardian Deity’.
News Source: PIB