Solar DC Cooking System
Part of: Prelims and GS III – Solar Energy
Context Recently, the solar DC cooking technology was developed by the Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI).
The CMERI is an institute under the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
About the system
- It is a Solar Energy based Cooking System which consists of a solar PV panel, charge controller, battery bank and cooking oven.
- It provides a Clean Cooking Environment, Inverter-Less Direct Operation, Fast and Uniform Heating and a potential to save 1 ton Carbon Dioxide emissions per year/household.
- It has 20-25% better efficiency and is more Economical in comparison with Conventional Solar based Cooking Systems.
Government Schemes Related to Solar Energy:
- Rooftop solar scheme
- Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM)
- International Solar Alliance
- One Sun, One World, One Grid (OSOWOG)
- National Solar Mission (a part of National Action Plan on Climate Change)