The Third Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) recently held
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Global groupings
- The Third Assembly of the International Solar Alliance was recently held.
- India has been re-elected as the President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) and France as the Co-President for a term of two years.
- The assembly also approved the initiatives of the ISA Secretariat in institutionalizing ISA’s engagement with the private and public corporate sector through the Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action (CSCA).
- Visvesvaraya award was also conferred. It recognizes the countries with maximum floating solar capacity in each of the four regions of ISA.
- The awards went to Japan for the Asia Pacific region and the Netherlands for Europe and Other region.
- For COVID-19, ISA set up ISA CARES. It is an initiative dedicated to deployment of solar energy in healthcare sector in LDC/SIDS ISA Member countries.
- The initiative aims to solarize one primary health sector in each district of the target Member countries.
Important value additions
- The ISA is an initiative that was launched by the Prime Minister of India and the President of France on 30 November 2015 at Paris, France on the side-lines of the COP-21.
- Vision: Promotion of solar energy for making solar energy a valuable source of affordable and reliable green and clean energy in member countries
- ISA Headquarter and interim Secretariat: Gurugram, India