In news: A bilateral training exercise between armies of India and Australia called Austra Hind 22, is scheduled to take place at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges (Rajasthan).
About the exercise:
- This is the first exercise in the series of Austra Hind with participation of all arms and services contingent from both armies.
- Indian Army is represented by troops from the Dogra Regiment
- It will be a yearly event that will be conducted alternatively in India and Australia.
- The aim of the exercise is to build positive military relations, imbibe each other’s best practices and promote the ability to operate together while undertaking multi-domain operations in semi-desert terrain under a UN peace enforcement mandate.
- Training on new generation equipment and specialist weapons including snipers, surveillance and communication equipment to achieve a high degree of situational awareness apart from casualty management, casualty evacuation and planning logistics at battalion/ company level are also planned.
Source: The Hindu