In News: The Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs was addressing the 11th edition of CII Bio-Energy Summit.
- India has increased the ethanol blending in petrol from 1.53% in 2013-14 to 10.17% in 2022.
- setting up 2G refineries to make ethanol from Parali (Panipat) and Bamboo (Numaligarh) with the twin objective of reducing pollution along with achieving energy security goals is another milestone in this direction.
- Green Hydrogen Policy with a production target of 5 million tonnes by 2030 and aims to produce 4 MT Green Hydrogen annually & accrue Rs. 1 lakh crore of cumulative fossil fuel import savings by 2030.
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- CII is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization
- It was founded in 1895
- It has 9000 members from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 300,000 enterprises from 286 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.
- With 62 offices, including 10 Centres of Excellence, in India, and 8 overseas offices in Australia, Egypt, Germany, Indonesia, Singapore, UAE, UK, and USA, as well as institutional partnerships with 350 counterpart organizations in 133 countries, CII serves as a reference point for Indian industry and the international business community.
- It works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering Industry, Government and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.
- CII charts change by working closely with Government on policy issues, interfacing with thought leaders, and enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and business opportunities for industry through a range of specialized services and strategic global linkages.
- It also provides a platform for consensus-building and networking on key issues.
- CII assists industry to identify and execute corporate citizenship programmes.
- Partnerships with civil society organizations carry forward corporate initiatives for integrated and inclusive development across diverse domains including affirmative action, livelihoods, diversity management, skill development, empowerment of women, and sustainable development, to name a few.