Important Updates, UPSC Official Announcement, UPSC Official Announcements
To download the notification of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023, CLICK BELOW LINK
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023 Notification – DOWNLOAD
How to Apply
The process has completely changed from the previous years. Candidates must take note of this.
- Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in
- It is essential for the applicant to register himself/herself first at the One Time Registration (OTR) platform, available on the Commission’s website, and then proceed for filling up the online application for the examination.
- OTR has to be registered only once in a lifetime. This can be done anytime throughout the year. If the candidate is already registered, he/she can proceed straightway to filling up the online application for the examination.
- In case, the candidate wants to effect any change in his/her OTR profile, it shall be allowed only once in the lifetime after the registration at the OTR platform.
- The online Applications can be filled up to 21st February 2023 till 6:00 PM.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay the fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
- All female candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are exempted from payment of the fee. No fee exemption is, however, available to OBC/EWS candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed fee in full.
- Complete details can be found in the Official Notification of UPSC -> Click Here
Points To Consider
- The OBC candidates applying for CSE-2023 must produce OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate based on the income for the Financial Year (FY) 2019-2020, 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 and issued on/after 01.04.2022 (after the completion of FY 2021-22) but not later than the closing date of the application for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination-2023 i.e. 21st Feb 2023.
- A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of the Economically Weaker Section reservation only in case the candidate meets the criteria issued by the Central Government and is in possession of the requisite Income & Asset Certificate based on income for Financial Year (FY) 2021-2022 and issued on/after 01.04.2022 (after the completion of FY 2021-22) but not later than the closing date of the application for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination-2023 i.e. 21st Feb 2023.
- General – 32 Years
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – 35 Years
- SC/ST – 37 Years
Number of Attempts (Subject to Age Limit)
- General- 6
- OBC- 9
- PwBD- 9
- SC/ST- Unlimited Attempts
- The number of vacancies to be filled through the examination is expected to be approximately 1105 which includes 37 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
- The final number of vacancies may undergo change after getting a firm number of vacancies from Cadre Controlling Authorities.
- Reservations will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the Economically Weaker Sections and Persons with Benchmark Disability in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
Scheme and subjects for the Preliminary examination
The Examination shall comprise two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions) and each will be two hours in duration.
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
Paper I – (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Paper II-(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision-making and problem-solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…