Geography Optional – Foundation Course
We hope that you all are fine and your loved ones are safe. In this time of crisis, the best thing that you can do is to stay indoors, safe with your family, eat healthily and study hard so that you can become part of the system and help in avoiding any future crisis.
As Geography is one of the most sought-after Optional Subject, we have come up with
The Programme Covers:
Before we let you know the merits of Geography as an optional, please remove the notions and biases from your mind that might have developed as a result of your discussions on various online forums and maybe with your friends and seniors. UPSC doesn’t intentionally “butcher” a subject. All the Optional Subjects have their distinct advantages and drawbacks but by no stretch of the imagination would UPSC give preference to one optional over the other. What may happen though is that some optionals might have scored more than the others in a particular year but that trend gets reversed also. That is the unpredictability of the Civil Services Examination that we have to live with. In fact, till the time optionals remain a part of CSE, this unpredictability will remain. Also, every year there is at least one person getting a top 10 rank with the Geography optional and many who are failing by taking other optional subjects.
So, learn to live with it rather than blaming it. Most of the time, the answers to one’s failure or unexpected performance lies within and not externally.
So the message is clear for all-
Before blaming UPSC for its so-called “bias” for or against any optional, try to find the reasons for not doing well by looking inward!
So, coming to the point, let us enumerate the merits of Geography as an optional to help you decide whether it’s the subject for you:
If you maintain the essence of Geography in your answers, it will definitely fetch you good marks in Mains.
If you prepare Geography optional, more than 30-40% of your GS syllabus is automatically prepared. Moreover, you develop better perspectives for Essay paper and interview as well.This year in GS paper 1, 110 marks were asked from geography. Also, International Relation, Disaster Management, Agriculture, exports, resources etc. are part of geography which helps in scoring well in GS 2 and GS 3.
Unlike some other humanities subjects, the study of Geography entails logic, scientific theories and empirical evidence. This makes Geography easy to understand and apply.
There is no dearth of quality materials and good books in Geography. You don’t have to dig too much into bookstores to find good books on Geography.
Geography Optional – Foundation Course
Features of the Program:
- The aim of the program is to groom the students with geography optional to approach the subject properly. All the topics in the syllabus will be covered in detail keeping the new trend of UPSC in mind.
- Small topic-wise lectures will be provided so that students can clearly understand what portion of the syllabus has been covered. Also, it will help in revision.
- The syllabus will be covered within 5 months. So that enough time is left for prelims preparation.
- Access to the program will be open till the mains 2022. So even if some students are not able to cover some topics now, they will be able to watch the lectures later.
- Live discussion sessions will be taken to clarify your queries.
- Students will be made to learn how to write a proper geographical answer to provide enough practice to the students so that they can feel comfortable with slightly twisted questions also.
Components of Geography Test Series:
- A total of 8 Tests with 4 Sectional Tests and 4 Full-length Test. (Only online)
- All the students will get personal mentorship. Mentor will point out the individual mistakes and help in overall guidance.
- Quality Evaluation of the Answer Sheets and detailed feedback.
- Value Add notes for some specific topics will be provided.
- Tests will be held in accordance with the completion of the syllabus.
Geography OptionalFoundation Course
Rs. 30,000 + 5,400 (18% GST)
- The Faculty needs no introduction due to his immense popularity with UPSC aspirants for geography.
- The Programme will be conducted by Atyab Ali Zaidi sir. He is an alumnus of NIT Allahabad, Chemical Engineering and is one of the Core members of the IASbaba team.
- He has been mentoring UPSC aspirants for the past 5 years and many of his students have qualified for this prestigious exam with flying colours.
For any queries, you can reach us at email@example.com or can directly call us on 95911 06864